Monday, June 16, 2008

The summer seems to be flying by, I can't believe I've already been here in Mexico City for a month. The team seems to be adjusting well to the country, with the normal ups and downs. Unfortunately one of the only two guys decided to go home because of some stuff going on back there and so we are sadly down to just one guy. I would ask for prayer for both of those guys, for the one who returned home and the one who is now alone here. On Friday we all went to the zoo on our day off which was fun and a good time for bonding. It was cool because a couple of my friends came along with us who are bilingual (pictured below). It was a good time. We (the leaders) have been busy planning trainings, clown and puppet shows, mimes and other skits that we will be teaching our spearheaders to do and also to teach to their youth groups. Yesterday I spent the whole day in La Presa, visiting a couple of spearheaders who are working there and visiting my old church again. It was really cool because my friend Erik who left for the US was back and visiting and I got to talk to him for a while. It was neat to catch up with a bunch of different people there who weren't at church the last time I visited. I'm excited for their July 13th service when they will be officially opening their new church building. I gotta run, but thanks for the prayers, much love and God bless.


some good friends, the one in the middle I met in Mexico City ,but worked with in Puebla too
At a good friend's wedding

No comments: